Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Trash to Treasure


I am always looking for inexpensive ways to do displays for the store and this time I got super super lucky.  This tiered table was in the basement of the store. I cannot believe I didn't see it before but the lighting down there isn't great and it was on its side and there were a bunch of boards piled on top of it. Boots & Heels has been in the building for 2 1/2 years so lord only knows how long it has been down there.

 Now I don't know how familiar anyone is with the history of this building but it has been: Christies Grocery Store, Creative Impressions, and Ramsey One Hour photo, Boots & Heels and probably some others through out the years. So more than likely one of the previous owners put this damaged table down there and new thought about it again. Lucky for me!

I did not take a before picture but this tiered table was a grey color and pretty water stained.  When we got it up from the basement it was not all that pretty.  However, after a great deal of roughing up prep with a sander, cleaning all the grit and dust off, I was able to put a LOT of coats of white paint on it.  And I mean A LOT.  However, it looks great and the only thing I had to buy was a paint brush because I had a half gallon of paint leftover from another project!  Wahoo how about that a table for $12. :)

Note: The shoes displayed on the table are Eastland Boat shoes and are available at Boots & Heels in Devils Lake.  Gotta love that local Devils Lake Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment